COVID-19: We will be able to practice Social Distancing while on the beach and in the ocean. You will be safe with us.
Our summer academy is all about fun activities, ocean and beach awareness, surf education, and of course surfing. Our academy surf instructors are all C.P.R. and First-Aid trained and ready to teach you the basics of surfing/paddleboarding and enjoying the ocean. Whether you are a beginner or have some surfing experience, the small groups allow our surf instructors to provide you with the proper coaching.
Adult Surf Academy: Our Surfing academy will help you enjoy and appreciate the ocean while experiencing the thrill of surfing. Northeast Surfing academies introduce ocean safety and surf etiquette, discuss ocean science topics such as waves and tides, marine biology, winds, coastal ecology and beach profiles, wetsuit education, surfboard education, teaches stretching and exercises for surfers and provides closely supervised instruction in the water. Everyone taking one of the surfing academy's should be strong swimmers, be comfortable in the surf area, and be able to tread water for a minimum of 1 minutes.
Schedule For Adults Surf Academy: For Adults our Surfing or Paddleboarding Academy will be afternoons 5:45pm to 7:45pm, Monday thru Friday. Starting on the Monday on the weeks posted below, only 12 students per academy class will be allowed. Whether you are new to surfing or have been surfing for a years, our week academies can help you. We teach on nuptial levels in small classes separated by skill level. No matter your ability we are here to teach you the industry standards.
- Nights - Monday August 2, 2021 to Friday August 6th, 2021
- Nights - Monday August 9th, 2021 to Friday August 13th, 2021
- Nights - Monday August 16th, 2021 to Friday August 20th, 2021
- Nights - Monday August 23rd, 2021 to Friday August 27th, 2021
Wetsuits? Included no additional cost. Coast of the Program? (click here for full price list.)
Daily Activities: We are a Surf Company offering week long surfing academy, we are not a camp. Everything starts with the basics. In Surfing, nothing beats a good groundwork of fundamental skills, as this will make the learning process easier and a lot more fun. Moreover, getting those basics right during the early stages of learning will help improve your performance, giving you more confidence before actually riding a wave. Learning the basics in a Surf academy is definitely to your advantage as it will make the learning process easier and much quicker. In this section, know the different skills you need to learn in Surfing:
- Body & Board Positioning - Having the right position will improve board stability. This is also in preparation for the technique that every beginner wants to do - standing on a Surfboard.
- Getting into the Water - After assuming the right position of your body on the board while on the beach, you can move on to the real playground. Learn how to get into the water with your board.
- Paddling - Paddling the right way is one of the most important techniques to learn in Surfing. In this section, learn how to paddle and pick up some pointers on how to make paddling efficient.
- Eskimo Roll / Turtle Roll- If you are a beginner or you are using a Longboard, you cannot duck dive to get through big waves and whitewater. Do the Eskimo Roll / Turtle Roll
- Duck Diving - Duck Diving is an efficient way of getting out of a breaking wave. It is similar to how ducks dive under the waves, hence the name. Learn how to duck dive in this section.
- Lining Up - Line up refers to the location where the wave breaks. In this section, know the ideal position in a line up and learn how to maintain order in an area where skilled surfers congregate. Learning where to sit on the wave, take off points, and more.
- Sitting on the Surfboard - Sitting on your Surfboard gives you a better view of the oncoming waves than when you are paddling out. Learn how to sit on your board in this section.
- Catching a Wave - You obviously cannot surf without knowing how to catch a wave correctly. In this section, pick up some helpful tips on how to catch an unbroken wav
- Wipeout - In the Surfing world, Wipeout means falling off your Surfboard. This can lead to injuries, so it is important to be very cautious when wiping out.
- Standing on the Surfboard (on the beach) - You have reached the final phase where you culminate everything you have learned. But before you try to stand up on your board out in the water, make sure to do this drill first.
- Standing on the Surfboard (in the water) - Standing on the Surfboard as you ride the waves is an exhilarating experience. As a popular saying goes, 'only a surfer knows the feeling'. Learn how to do the pop-up in this section. Nobody says that learning to surf is a piece of cake, though it is our goal to teach you or your child how to stand on the surfboard and surf a wave.
- Paddleboarding - We will teach you where to stand on the board, the different positions, terms, how to paddle correctly, turning, standing, prone, knee, weather, winds, and work on core balance.
- Gear - We talk about gear and how to choose a surfboard, all about wetsuits and more.
- Education - We will teach you all about surfing education, rip tides, weather, swell, tides, and more.